I’ve been lucky enough to be able to be in Vancouver for all of the 2010 Olympics. It’s been an amazing trip – and getting to see the city I once lived in be the centre of all the action is great.
So without further ado, here are some select images and the best/worst moments of the Vancouver Olympics – compiled by me and my sister.
For those who watched or got to be here – what were your best/worst moments?
5. Cauldron malfunction. (Viagra anyone?)
4. Lack of parking and the resulting economic loss in Whistler.
3. The Smurf Brigade (volunteers in bright blue coats).
2. Straw bales and snow shipped to Cypress and nobody’s talking about climate change.
1. VANOC’s fleet of Buick SUVs and GMC trucks in the so-called “green” Olympics.
5. Transit was awesome, and included in the cost of a ticket.
4. “Running into” three Canadian luge ladies walking around Whistler a few hours after their event.
3. Free Concerts all over Whistler and Vancouver!
2. Six days of unexpected sunshine.
1. The fact that it was nearly impossible to get into a bar or restaurant in Whistler 20 minutes before the Canada-US preliminary men’s hockey game.